[Dev-luatex] Slowdown of font loading

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Fri Apr 4 13:04:51 CEST 2014

> sure .. depends on the definition of some -) for me anything < 50% is some

it was way more. Approx. 1.7 seconds including "local g = ..." with regular LuaTeX and 0.5 seconds without "local g = ..." with luajittex total run time. This is pretty good, I think

> but with a local g = ... in case of accessing multiple keys even regular luatex should be ok

I didn't manage to get the time down very much.

The good news is that I can sill generate pages on the fly for almost live preview. 0.5 seconds is ok, but 2 would cause a delay that's too large.

Patrick