[Dev-luatex] \luatexdatestamp use

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 10:33:38 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Karl would like me to remove \luatexdatestamp (and its associated lua
> value), because that makes it easier to create new binaries from the
> same source code (without getting small differences always).
>
> That is a good argument, so my current plan is to remove it in the next
> version. Consider yourself warned ;)

Thank you. I also asked a couple of times to at least replace this
date with the date of the latest change in SVN. The latter would be at
least consistent and informative, while the date of compilation is
both unreliable and causes constant change of the binaries.

I believe this is also less of an issue now that LuaTeX is more or
less stable and the LuaTeX version is mostly sufficient. In past when
everyone was using "the latest" version from trunk it was more
important to know which version it was.

Mojca