[Dev-luatex] building LuaTeX on mingw/msys

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Fri Feb 15 12:57:00 CET 2013

Hi,

I try to build LuaTeX on windows / mingw/msys, but I fail with pkg-config:

checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config... no
checking for pkg-config... no
configure: error: pkg-config >=  required but not found (http://pkgconfig.freede
sktop.org/)
make[1]: *** [cairo-build/Makefile] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/z/luatexw/LuaTeX/build/libs/cairo'
make: *** [../../libs/cairo/cairo/cairo.h] Error 2
C:\msysgit\mingw\bin\strip.exe: 'build/texk/web2c/luatex.exe': No such file
ls: build/texk/web2c/luatex.exe: No such file or directory

Can anyone help me? Do all versions of LuaTeX require pkg-config or cairo? I remember that I was able to use mingw/msys to compile LuaTeX, but that was quite some time ago. I wonder why it breaks now.

Desperately,

Patrick :)