[Dev-luatex] Luatex 0.78.0 announcement
taco at bittext.nl
Tue Dec 31 17:09:05 CET 2013
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.78.0.
This release merges some experimental branches, and fixes a few of the
* Instead of using expanded fonts, just calculate the expanded
width of glyphs where needed, and carry expand info in the
glyph nodes (all based on Hans' suggestions). All font expansion
functions are disabled and most are removed.
* New, faster (but limited) direct node access from lua, see
the manual for details
* Support for Apple Advanced Typography (AAT) information in
fonts is dropped
* Extended build script for mingw/msys (includes 64-bit support)
* Various patches from/via Akira Kakuta for better Win32
* Fixes for some bugs in de pdfscanner library (mostly related
to inline images)
* Maximum hyphenated word length is now 64Kb characters.
* Various patches from Khaled Hosny and Luigi Scarso for the
* Fix for a crash when re-dumping formats
* Fix for a Selene unicode library bug where some characters in
UTF-8 were incorrectly flagged as having the 'Space' property
* Some smaller fixes
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
Have fun, and a happy new year!
More information about the dev-luatex