[Dev-luatex] Filename encoding

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Dec 29 12:53:07 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 12:44:35PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 12/29/2013 10:10 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 01:07:15AM +0000, Philipp Maximilian Stephani wrote:
> >>but honestly, we're not living in the 1960s any more.
> >
> >No, we are not, but Windows is.
>
> I always wonder why folks need comments like this.

If Windows is the only OS at odds in this specific situation, then it is
LuaTeX’s fault, right? I can understand OP frustration, but repeatedly
blaming LuaTeX [developers] for the deficiencies of his OS of choice
does not seem very productive to me, and can annoying.

Instead of telling what LuaTeX should and shouldn’t have done, he can
either 1) submit a patch 2) switch to a not-so-1960s OS 3) switch to a
not-so-1960s application 4) just live with it.

Regards,
Khaled