[Dev-luatex] Filename encoding

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Dec 9 12:03:11 CET 2013

On 12/9/2013 11:34 AM, Javier Múgica de Rivera wrote:
> l.1 \input{Canci├│n.tex}
                   ^^
> Luatex finds the file if I name it the 8-char representation of
> Canción.tex: Canción.tex. I wondered what would happen if I write a
                     ^^

You really have to make sure that you don't let the OS apply a locale to
the name, so if e.g. you copy the string Canción.tex to the clipboard it
can go from unicode to some code page and back

if you create files from (say) lua all goes ok as then no translation
takes place

(maybe it helps to set the code page to 65001)