[Dev-luatex] 64 bit binary for windows?

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:33:54 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Fabrice Popineau
<fabrice.popineau at supelec.fr> wrote:
> I compiled one too with MingW64 and gcc-4.8.0
> Only one glitch during the compilation (which lasts forever !) : there is a
> clash between eof() declared in texk/web/lib/lib.h and some other eof() in
> system header files.
> I added :
>
> #define eof weof
>
> in texk/web/lib/lib.h and that is all.
>
> I compiled a huge pile of (LaTeX, Tikz, OpenType Cambria, CambriaMath,
> Consolas fonts) slides with the resulting luatex.exe and didn't noticed any
> problems up to now.
>
> Fabrice
Yes, I also noticed this but I patched the io.h system header of mingw64 with
#ifndef NO_EOL_OLDNAME
  int __cdecl eof(int _FileHandle) __MINGW_ATTRIB_DEPRECATED_MSVC2005;
#endif

Also my ld doesn't like
-Wl,--large-address-aware
I have gcc version 4.6.3 (GCC) under ubuntu: are you using mingw64 under MS ?
Which exception handling have you used  ?
(see http://qt-project.org/wiki/MinGW-64-bit)

I don't know if eof is used in TeXLive .
There is an eof also in common.defines, is it used by web2c ?
I don't know,
so I've used a dedicated mingw64 toolchain only for luatex.exe 64bit.

--
luigi