[Dev-luatex] 64 bit binary for windows?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Apr 8 12:20:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Apr 8, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Patrick Gundlach <patrick at gundla.ch> wrote:

>>> I've been able to reproduce the situation on my Mac with a pretty-much-minimal-testfile.
>>>
>>> http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=820
>>
>> Wfm (10.8.3), sorry.
>
> that's great! ... but I now I get the next error (perhaps related) on Windows 7 64 bit (report submitted).
>
> We should not get bored ;-)

I do not have any win7 machine any more (my wife now has Win8, and pretty much nothing works 'as
normal' on that ..), which makes debugging pretty much impossible for me. It could be a simple
problem with the cross-compiled binary and/or it being 32-bit, so I would  suggest trying with Akira's
binary instead, see if that works. Otherwise, you will have to try and run the 32-bit binary under gdb
(which in turn probably means recompiling first to get the proper symbols, etc. etc.).

Wine 1.4 produces the error too, btw, and it originates in font/writetype2.w, but (for now) that is as far
as I can debug it. If Akira's binary also fails, then perhaps I can find the problem by adding lots of
printf() statements, but I would rather not do that unless absolutely necessary, as it will take hours
and hours of work.