[Dev-luatex] [1] gdb reports SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault in tex_hashpairs () [2] size of debug executable

Graham Douglas graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk
Sat Nov 17 15:23:19 CET 2012

Hi

nder Windows Vista, latest r4485 build of LuaTeX.

I'm trying to use tex.hashtokens(), following the example in the manual
I placed the
following code into a file called hash.tex

=== hash.tex ====
\directlua{

for i,v in pairs (tex.hashtokens()) do

print(i)

end

}

===============

Running hash.tex under Plain TeX (with the following additions to the
Plain format = "lplain")

\input plain

\directlua {tex.enableprimitives('', tex.extraprimitives())}

\pdfoutput=1

I experience a "crash" in LuaTeX. Note: I rebuilt lplain.fmt before
running the code

Here's the gdb session info:

c:\MinGW\bin\gdb.exe g:\luatexlatest\build\texk\web2c\luatex.exe

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "mingw32".

Reading symbols from g:\luatexlatest\build\texk\web2c\luatex.exe...done.

(gdb) run --fmt=lplain $TEXMF/hash.tex

Starting program: g:\luatexlatest\build\texk\web2c\luatex.exe
--fmt=lplain $TEXMF/hash.tex
[New Thread 7208.0x1fbc]
warning: Can not parse XML library list; XML support was disabled at
compile time

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.71.0-2012111214

(c:/msys/1.0/trunk/build/texk/hash.tex
0x0047e7b8 in tex_hashpairs ()
(gdb)

I also have a question about the size of the latest luatex.exe when
using --nostrip

Under Windows Vista
===================
On 12 August I built a debug (--nostrip) version of LuaTeX Version
beta-0.71.0-2012081213 and
the luatex.exe file size is 22,224,617 bytes

I built r4485  as a debug Version beta-0.71.0-2012111214 and the
luatex.exe file size is 17,049,084 bytes

The latest debug luatex.exe file is some 5 MB smaller than prior versions?

Using gdb, if I run rbreak, gdb reports huge numbers of functions with
<function, no debug info>

Has there been a change to the build process which is resulting in debug
info
not being included for many hundreds of functions?

Best
Graham