[Dev-luatex] TL2012?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 17 17:53:14 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 02:30:35PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I was just curious what version of LuaTeX is going into TL2012?
>>
>> The sources are more or less frozen. The version will be the same as
>> last year + a few patches that come from general TL development, not
>> from Taco.
>
> Oh, that is bad, I was hoping to get the few OT math fixes into TL2012.
>
>> But there might still be some (very limited) time to add a few patches
>> if needed.
>
> I wounder if it is appropriate to "backport" the math stuff to TL
> version, Taco, Karl, what do you think?

There are already three reports of luatex crashing (one of them only
on mipsel & arm and also with last year binary, one on any given
platform and only with TL 2012 binary, one just on some platforms and
only with TL 2012 binary), so if anyone figures out what to do with
those, it would be very helpful to apply patches anyway.

I cannot speak for Karl, but the fact that sources are quasi frozen
doesn't mean that patches aren couldn't be imported now, in particular
if they fix semi broken functionality. (It's only that 80.0 probably
won't get in even if Taco would plan a new release for next week.)

Mojca