[Dev-luatex] Cron <luatex at boekplan> /var/www/luatex.org/www/bin/luatex-svn

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Mar 1 00:18:52 CET 2012


On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:15:55PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 29-2-2012 22:43, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:28:24PM +0100, Cron Daemon wrote:
> >>------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>r4361 | khaled | 2012-02-29 20:13:40 +0100 (Wed, 29 Feb 2012) | 9 lines
> >>Changed paths:
> >>    M /trunk/source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/tex/mlist.w
> >>
> >>Rewrite get_delim_box()
> >>
> >>The older version was always returning a box larger than requested and
> >>with some fonts (e.g. STIX Math) extensible \overbrace was too much
> >>wider than it should. I tried debugging it but it was too much complex
> >>doing many clever things. The rewrite is partly stolen from XeTeX one,
> >>further improved and is much simpler and had no regressions AFAICT.
> >
> >I hope this won't break anything (I tested as much as I can), I didn't
> >want to make such invasive changes but this one was irresistible :)
> 
> if it breaks old time bordercase misuse in macro solutions we should
> not bother too much (as long it's documented)

It should improve things, no breakage is indented. LuaTeX's math code is
a bit risky because there is no clear separation handling of old and new
math fonts, I'd have liked of code for TFM fonts was separate and
"frozen", but I think it is too late for that.

Regards,
 Khaled


More information about the dev-luatex mailing list