[Dev-luatex] Error: lualatex + revtex + graphicx

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 10:54:36 CEST 2012

Hello,
** Ulrike Fischer [2012-04-11 09:13:09 +0200]:

> Am Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:57:05 +0900 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:

>>> I've ran into subtle error when tried to run lualatex over source file for
>>> revtex4 or revtex4-1 class. Here is MWE:

>> This doesn't related with luatex either, please see
>> http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2009-June/013520.html

>> Just try the following example document with either xelatex or lualatex
>> (both would fail) and even pdflatex will:
>> <file name="ex.ltx">
>> \documentclass{revtex4}

>> \usepackage{fixltx2e}

>> \begin{document}

>> Hello,

>> World.

>> \begin{figure}
>>   This is a figure
>> \end{figure}

>> \end{document}
>> </file>

>> The 'fixltx2e' package is included by `fontspec-patches.sty', see e.g.
>> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/27872/revtex-4-1-fixltx2e-includegraphics-doesnt-work

>> Unfortunately, fontspec uses `usepackage' so you can't call it using
>> `RequirePackage'.

> Sure he can.

> \RequirePackage{fixltx2e}
> \documentclass{revtex4}

> will work fine and solve the problem.

Yes, of course, but I wanted to minimize number of explicitly used packages.

Also, the example with `\RequirePackage{fontspec}' before
`\documentclass' showed the problem with `fontspec' (inconsistence in use
of `RequirePackage' and `usepackage'; IMHO, packages should always use
`RequirePackage').

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--