[Dev-luatex] Error: lualatex + revtex + graphicx

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 06:57:05 CEST 2012

Hello,
** Igor A. Kotelnikov [2012-04-03 19:52:31 +0700]:

> Dear Frends!

> I've ran into subtle error when tried to run lualatex over source file for
> revtex4 or revtex4-1 class. Here is MWE:

> =====================================
> \documentclass{revtex4}
> \usepackage{ifluatex,ifxetex}
> \newif\ifunicode
> \ifxetex\unicodetrue\else\ifluatex\unicodetrue\fi\fi

> \ifunicode
>     \usepackage{fontspec}
>     \setmainfont{Cambria}
> \else
>     \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>     \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \fi
> \usepackage{graphicx}

> \begin{document}
>     \begin{figure}
>       \includegraphics{123.png}
>     \end{figure}
> \end{document}
> =====================================

> It works fine if
> 1) I run pdflatex rather then lualatex of xelatex,
> 2) or comment out \begin{figure} and \end{figure} lines
> 3) or comment out      \usepackage{fontspec},   \setmainfont{Cambria}.
> 4) or choose article class instead of revtex.

> Here is compilation log:
[...]

This doesn't related with luatex either, please see
http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2009-June/013520.html

Just try the following example document with either xelatex or lualatex
(both would fail) and even pdflatex will:
<file name="ex.ltx">
\documentclass{revtex4}

\usepackage{fixltx2e}

\begin{document}

Hello,

World.

\begin{figure}
  This is a figure
\end{figure}

\end{document}
</file>

The 'fixltx2e' package is included by `fontspec-patches.sty', see e.g.
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/27872/revtex-4-1-fixltx2e-includegraphics-doesnt-work

Unfortunately, fontspec uses `usepackage' so you can't call it using
`RequirePackage'.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
"Being disintegrated makes me ve-ry an-gry!" <huff, huff>