[Dev-luatex] Revision 3761 compile failing on Windows Vista

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Sep 9 11:43:03 CEST 2010

On 09/09/2010 11:38 AM, luigi scarso wrote:
> Well, If I download luatex-beta-0.63.0.tar.bz2
> and uncompress I only see a build.sh
> which means that at least I need bash, just to start.

Yes. MSYS is the quickest option for the various things
you need at shell level (bash, make, cp, sed etc.)

Then you need a full build toolchain:

* gcc
* g++
* binutils
* flex or lex
* bison or yacc

Simplest is probably to start with downloading and installing MSYS,
start a shell, run

   $ ./build.sh

and see how far it takes you.

I know the source code compiles fine under mingw (as I use that
for cross-compilation) but I do not have a 'native' system so
I cannot give a clear recipe of what to install.