[Dev-luatex] Documentation update/suggestion

Graham Douglas graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 19:20:11 CEST 2010

Hi Taco

Firstly, thank you and the team for the continued stream
of updates etc to LuaTeX.

I was wondering if the mplib section of the LuaTeX Reference should
be updated to reflect that the MPlib library no longer uses mem files
--- according to a post you made recently:

-------------
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that luatex 0.61.0
uses mplib 1.502, which does not use actual mem files. Not only
that, but at the moment basically only the 'ini_version' mode of mplib
works, so the way to set up a mplib instance with a preloaded set of
macros is like this (ignoring error testing):

     function newmpx (memname)
         local preamble = "let dump = endinput ; input %s ;"
         local mpx = mplib.new {
             ini_version = true,
             find_file = finder, -- change this as needed
         }
         return mpx:execute(string.format(preamble, memname))
     end

Code like this has been added to ConTeXt, but I do not know whether
luamplib has caught up with that yet.

I'd forgotten this until I recalled reading your post.
An example with a simple finder function and a simple test
graphic would I think be most welcome.

Best wishes and thanks again for the continued and marvellous
work of the LuaTeX team.

Graham