[Dev-luatex] Cron <luatex at boekplan> /var/www/luatex.org/www/bin/luatex-svn

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Mon Sep 6 14:01:18 CEST 2010

Am 06.09.2010 10:54, schrieb Patrick Gundlach:

>> What about patterns, are they going to be case-sensitive, too?  That could resolve one class of homonyms in German language, e.g.,
>>
>>    spie-len-de  vs.  Spiel-en-de
>>

> "Spielende" can be hyphenated the first way if it starts at the beginning of the sentence:
>
> "Spie-len-de Kinder sehe ich jeden Tag."

Ouch, didn't think about capitalisation at sentence beginning!  As in
German language every word can be at the beginning of a sentence,
case-sensitive hyphenation would indeed introduce new errors (where
there are clear rules what hyphenation to prefer for homonyms in our
patterns currently).  Case-sensitive hyphenation seems to need grammar
analysis.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig