[Dev-luatex] (no subject)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Sep 2 16:23:46 CEST 2010

On 2-9-2010 4:03, linuxss wrote:
> hi, Hans!
> I would like to use epdf library on a current pdf file after its made.
> but pdf is still not closed if I use "finish_pdffile" callback.
> epdf returns more useful information, then pdf library.
>
> function doc_end()
> doc = epdf.open(tex.filename .. ".pdf")
> pageref = doc:getCatalog()
> texio.write_nl("pdfcatalog=".. tostring(pageref))
> end
>
> callback.register("finish_pdffile", doc_end)
>
> maybe there could be a callback after document output?

This is unlikely to happen. When the file is closed tex is basically
finished and cleans up states and so. Of course you can try to hook
something in the stop_run callback, but as you want to do something
after the pdf file is created a better approach is to just quit and in a
next run do what you want to do (you can rename the file inbetween).

Luatex is not primarily a pdf processing tool.