[Dev-luatex] cygwin static detection

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Mar 17 13:18:29 CET 2010

2010/3/17 T T <t34www at googlemail.com>:

> But if non-cygwin binaries are used, why would you want to detect
> cygwin at all?

Because that's what I'm using, and thus I guess I'm not the only one ;-)

> The best you can do is to detect if cygwin is installed
> on the system, but that doesn't mean that you want to run under
> cygwin. Wasn't cygwin added as a separate ARCH in TL to clear this
> confusion?

I don't know, but I'm using LuaTeX binaries cross-compiles by Taco at
each releases (again, I'm definitley not the only one), and I need to
change cygwin paths returned by fc-list (the fc-list of cygwin)...
Soon I'll start to compile my own binaries under cygwin, but I don't
think we can expect everyone to do so.

Is the cygwin ARCH of TL compiled under cygwin? If so, my patch will
make things work better, as we'll know that unix/cygwin is cygwin
(which we couldn't with unix/generic).

Thank you,
--
Elie