[Dev-luatex] platform specific functionality

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Mar 16 09:20:42 CET 2010

T T wrote:

> For now I ended up with 'cmd.exe /c mkdir
> "some\dir\hierarchy\to\create"' :->. I'm not very proud of this
> solution but it gets the job done for this particular problem.

This problem could be solved with system("mkdir -p") on GNU systems.

> Cheers,
>
> Tomek
>
> PS. Perhaps Unix's realpath is not the best match for what
> GetFullPathName does. With GetFullPathName the resolved path does not
> have to exist.

Just wondering: what does it return for ".." then?

I've given up on a Unix C function for this there are just too many
potential problems with symlinks. As you are using mkdir now also,
would it be ok if I undo your patch? (as you'll need mkdir on unix
anyway)?