[Dev-luatex] platform specific functionality

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Mar 16 09:01:46 CET 2010

2010/3/15 Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:

> Ah, I see. I any case, I have applied your patch already, exactly
> as-is. I'll think about a unix solution.

Hello,

I just thought about something: in a script we need to detect if,
under windows, luatex is run under cygwin or not (cygwin and
non-cygwin are the same binary for me). Currently we do something like

local system = io.popen("uname -s"):read("*l")
if system then
    if system:match("^CYGWIN") then
        system = 'cygwin'
    end
end

but having os.type == 'cygwin' as a condition would be cleaner... The
thing is the check must be done at runtime, and I don't know anything
about the Windows API nor compilation under cygwin/mingw...

Tomek, would you know how to patch LuaTeX to do that?

Thank you,
--
Elie