[Dev-luatex] platform specific functionality

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 15 16:14:54 CET 2010

On 15 March 2010 12:03, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Oh, alright then. Patch applied (#3494)

Thanks. One more patch for your consideration for something I needed
recently: getting absolute, canonical file paths. In principle this
can be implemented in pure Lua with the current lfs module, but
getting all the corner cases right (e.g. foo/bar/./../baz) is not so
easy. Perhaps having a convenience function for this is not such a bad
idea (and using proper system APIs will guarantee that the result is
correct).

There is no Unix counterpart in the patch, because I didn't know how
to implement it (with a call to realpath?) and I would have no way to
test it anyway.

Cheers,

Tomek