[Dev-luatex] Luatex 0.51.0 announcement

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Mar 15 15:03:41 CET 2010

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> Actually, there is another feature but it is experimental enough that
>> it is not documented in the manual yet.
>>
>>   local <node> nodelist, <sp> founddepth =
>>        tex.linebreak(<node> listhead, <table> paramet

After commit 3495 (just done), the syntax has changed to

   local <node> nodelist, <table> info =
         tex.linebreak(<node> listhead, <table> parameters )

The 'info' contains four values that are all numbers:

   prevdepth   % depth of the last line in the broken paragraph
   prevgraf    % number of lines in the broken paragraph
   looseness   % the actual looseness value in the broken paragraph
   demerits    % the total demerits of the chosen solution

This is the best I can do at short notice