[Dev-luatex] platform specific functionality

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Mar 15 08:47:29 CET 2010

T T wrote:

> Thanks. Tried both of these and haven't noticed any problems.

Great.

> I had some problems building on msys/mingw - the condition in
> getluatexsvnversion.sh:
>
> if ([ -x `which svnversion` ] && [ -d ./.svn ])

This version was suggested bu Elie Roux.

> evaluated always true even though I had no svnversion command in the
> path. I changed it to:

If [ -x `which svnversion` ] evaluates to true where there is no
subversion, I think that counts as a bug in mingw that maybe you
should file a bug report about.

> if ( [ -d ./.svn ] && svnversion > /dev/null )

But this doesn't look bad either. Elie, is this ok? (my shell
script skills are not that high either).

> I would also suggest to remove the 'svn up' from the script. While
> working on/testing local changes you do not necessarily want to keep
> the working copy in sync with the head. And perhaps

Perhaps the call to getluatexsvnversion.sh should be an explicit
option for build.sh instead of implied, but I prefer the rev. number
to reflect the actual state of the repository, so I would like to
leave the svn up command in it.

> luatex_svnversion.h could be created/updated only when the revision
> number actually changes rather than every time (i.e. read the old

Probably. As I wrote above, I am not that good in shell either,
and the generated header is not in the repository so I don't think
it matters a whole lot, but if someone writes a patch I will apply it.