[Dev-luatex] luatex 0.51.0 and libpoppler 0.12.* compile error

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Mar 14 01:21:18 CET 2010

On So, 14 Mär 2010, Martin Schröder wrote:
> Hartmut forked our version of xpdf in r3304.

Ouch. That will make at least the distributors unhappy.

>  1. create a layer between xpdf/poppler and luatex like in pdftex 1.50

Probably hard according to Hartmuts remarks on "no idea how to make that
consistent with poppler".

>  2. push changes like these upstream (i.e. to poppler) so that they
>     get integrated there

Hahaha, Martin, wasn't it you complaining about them at one of the
BachoTeXs?

Well, I am not sure how to proceed. And I am not sure how happy
Debian (and probably other) security guys will be about the
reintroduction of code duplication etc.

But if it is the only way to go, although I am unhappy, so it be.

I mean, we could have saved us all the work last year to convert
TeX Live to a way that it compiles both wiht poppler and xpdf, only
to see that it will soon break again ... :-(

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force