[Dev-luatex] platform specific functionality

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 3 14:39:08 CET 2010

On 2 March 2010 12:57, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> isn't there a flag somewhere that makes env vars expand into long paths?

Not to my knowledge but even if such a flag exists it doesn't help
much. Short paths can appear in any place where file name is expected
and to write correct code one can never assume that long convention is
followed. This short/long file naming duality is a legacy of an ugly
hack MS once pulled, and it is unlikely to ever disappear, I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Tomek