[Dev-luatex] platform specific functionality

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Mar 2 08:01:17 CET 2010

T T wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the other thread asking to add readlink, I would also like to ask
> for an addition of Windows specific GetShortPathName. Without this
> function it is impossible to check if two paths point to the same
> place.

Is that because of reparse points or so? I though GetShortPathName
was more or less obsolete now.

> However, I'm not sure if beefing up LuaTeX with this kind of
> functionality is the best thing to do (there will be undoubtedly other
> things worth adding).

I am less hesitant than usual about adding stuff when the request is
about scripting for texlive. If GetShortPathName is useful in such
a context, I do not mind adding it.

> Perhaps external modules? What's the status of
> release?

Yes, but I expect there will not be any binary modules actually
included.

> And another request if I may. With kpsewhich it is possible to specify
> a search path explicitly with the -path switch, but this functionality
> is not exposed through lua kpse lib. Could this be added?

Sure. If there is anything else from kpathsea people want, please
say so.