[Dev-luatex] bug in os.execute?

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Thu Jun 10 17:58:31 CEST 2010

taco a écrit :
> don't use an empty second argument to setlocale(). If you already
> know that you want UTF-8, set it to a suitable value instead.

The problem is that, IIUC, it's weird to put fr_FR.UTF-8 as a locale, as
it's specific to my system... But I discovered that

os.setenv("LC_CTYPE", nil)
os.execute("myprogram")
os.setenv("LC_CTYPE", "C")

does the trick... with this it's the LANG environment variable
(fr_FR.UTF-8) that will be set as LC_CTYPE.

Setting     setlocale (LC_CTYPE, "UTF-8"); in tetest.c does not solve
the problem (strangely...). Is there another way?

Thank you,
--
Elie