No subject

Sun Jan 24 08:35:15 CET 2010

e is:

  trunk\source\texk\web2c\luatexdir\lua\loslibext.c

which have defines:

  OS_PLATTYPE =3D> os.type
  OS_PLATNAME =3D> os.name

All I need to know is what symbol to test to distinguish between
windows and cygwin and how cygwin should identify itself (os.type =3D
'unix', os.name =3D 'cygwin'?). Note that os.type only gives the three
basic types: 'msdos', 'windows' and 'unix', it is os.name that
diffrentiates further. Note also that this is a compile time decision,
i.e. the same binary will always identify itself in the same way
(similarly with os.uname). I'm not sure if this is what you want,
though.

Cheers,

Tomek