[Dev-luatex] 0.60.2 fails to build on armel in CXXLD.sh

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Dec 20 15:02:22 CET 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Can you have a look at the CXXLD.sh issue reported below?
> The bug that is referred to is here:
>
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-4.5/+bug/686381
>
> and reading that will (hopefully) explain enough of the missing
> quotations from the email exchange below.

Hi Taco,

this problem could be specific for gcc-4.5 or for armel or for the
combination of both.

BTW: Why the comment:
   /usr/bin/ld: note: '__exidx_end' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/liblcms.so.1

The macro KPSE_CXX_HACK is used for all C++ programs in TeX Live. It
supplies the configure option `--enable-cxx-runtime-hack'.  If enabled (the
default) and using g++, the internal subroutine _KPSE_CXX_HACK tries to
compile and statically link the small test program
 	#ifdef HAVE_IOSTREAM
 	#include <iostream>
 	using namespace std;
 	#else
 	#include <iostream.h>
 	#endif
 	int
 	main ()
 	{
 	cout <<"worksok\n";
 	  ;
 	  return 0;
 	}
If this succeeds, the hack is activated.  The problem now is, that this test
seems to succeed whereas the actual link process fails.

In the future we probably need a better test program.  For the moment
`--disable-cxx-runtime-hack' will have to do.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>