[Dev-luatex] Luatex 0.62.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Aug 23 09:01:16 CEST 2010
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.62.0.
This is a development release, but it also fixes some nasty bugs
in beta 0.61.0, so if you use that right now, upgrading is recommended.
* LuaTeX now uses libpoppler (0.12.4) instead of xpdf.
* All backend functions now report what file they were searching
for whenever a file cannot be found.
* Input-ed lua files are now mentioned in the fls file if
the --recorder switch is specified on the command line.
* Paragraph indentation hlist nodes and hlist and vlist nodes
generated by alignment rows and cells now have a subtype
(3 for indent box, 4 for rows/columns, 5 for cells).
* The 'epdf' lib is in active development and still growing.
* The 'fontforge' table is finally removed (was deprecated
* A new mplib import fixes two bad bugs in mplib:
- string equality test was wrong
- type declarations could delete pre-existing variables
* PNG images with transparency could create random size
differences in the generated PDF.
* In some special cases, font expansion could cause wrong
spacing in the generated PDF.
* \letterspacefont was broken since a very long time.
* The node subtype of the \leftskip and \rightskip glues was
* Some memory leaks have been removed.
* Various manual fixes.
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.62.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the dev-luatex