[Dev-luatex] vpack_filter shipout mode?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Aug 20 09:25:26 CEST 2010

On 19-8-2010 9:36, linuxss wrote:

> question: how to see all the nodes using callback in a shipout mode?
> or how to find out which hlist/vlist will be outputted?

shipout is somewhat special and we don't have a callback for the shipout
itself

in a regular macro package, the page is packaged in a box (often 255 )
and you can hook in some lua code there:

- locate the \shipout command being used
- see what box is shipped out
- do a directlua just before \shipout and look the box

so, something:

\directlua{analyze(tex.box[255)}

(there will be a callback for this but it's not an isolated event as for
instance xforms are also shipped out and the xform subsystem is not
opened up / redone yet)