[Dev-luatex] In need of some catcode wizardry...

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Sun Apr 18 22:52:04 CEST 2010

> An example using \catcodetable 16-bit number
> and how to use + save the catcode table would
> be very welcome.

Before I switched completely to "nodelist based typesetting" I used a special catcode table. As I am no TeX expert at all (I always fight with catcodes), there are probably mistakes or room for improvement in the following code:

\begingroup
\catcode`\^= 12
\catcode`\$= 12
\catcode`\_= 12
\catcode`\{=12
\catcode`\}=12
\catcode`\%=12
\catcode`\&=12
\catcode`\~=12
\catcode`\#=12
\catcode`\¬=0
\catcode`\\=12
¬savecatcodetable1
¬endgroup

This made all characters harmless except for ¬, the new escape character. So, this is an example, but don't take this as "the way to go".

Patrick