[Dev-luatex] In need of some catcode wizardry...

Graham Douglas graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 21:48:53 CEST 2010

Hi All

I hope it's OK to ask this here. I've implemented a Windows version of
the Directory Iterator as described in "Programming in  Lua"

http://www.lua.org/pil/29.1.html

and can call it with code like this

\directlua{
require "luadir"
for fname in luadir.dir("directory") do tex.print(fname) end
}

(luadir is an add-in DLL)

where "directory" is a path and fname is the returned filename.

fname can contain special characters so naturally, I am having catcode
problems since I'm not using ConTeXt which provides a lot of tools to
deal with catcodes etc when running directlua. I'm using a version of
plain to run this.

So, would anyone have time to suggest the best way to
set this up so that I can run this to resolve the catcode issues --- in
the directory names and the returned file names?

I know that tex.print can take a catcode table number
but I'm not sure how to best set it up.

An example using \catcodetable 16-bit number
and how to use + save the catcode table would
be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Graham