[Dev-luatex] running scripts from UNC paths

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 15 18:12:11 CEST 2010

On 15 April 2010 16:34, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Or any other older version, I'm sure. All commandline related stuff
> is in luainit.w, I think.

I probably need to svn up, because I can only find luainit.c, no luainit.w.

> And now I suddenly see what is going wrong: your backslash is
> intercepted by the code that looks for "luatex \\relax ...".

OK, you will probably know how to fix this better than I do (still
can't find that in the code).

Another question (two actually). In ex_selfdir function in luainit.c
you derive derive the directory of the executable from argv[0] using
SearchPath(). Is this intended (argv[0] might not correspond to the
actual executable) or are you actually after the real path of the
executable (in which case GetModuleFileName() should be used)?

The second question is what is this path used used for?  It is exposed
on the Lua side through os.selfdir, but this is not documented, so I
wonder if one can rely on it or if it is some internal thing.

Cheers,

Tomek