[Dev-luatex] running scripts from UNC paths

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 15 17:26:39 CEST 2010

On 15 April 2010 15:31, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
> T T wrote:
>>
>>  $ texlua \\.\H:\DEV\scratch\arg0test.lua
>>  No script file given
>
> There is a stat() test in luainit.w (the is_readable macro)
> which probably fails for UNC files. I can try a patch, but it
> would be better if a true windows user would do so
> (I can guess but not test).

I can try to patch it but stat() does not seem to be the problem. I've
made a quick test and stat() seems to work OK on UNC paths (gcc &
tcc). I suspect there may be some file parsing doing on but I don't
see where.

I should mention that I tested with TL's texlua
(beta-0.40.6-2009110118) but I get the same with
beta-0.52.0-2010031700 (rev 3515).

Cheers,

Tomek