[Dev-luatex] Possible issue with input from external libraries (page break problem?)

Graham Douglas graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 19:26:57 CEST 2010

Hi Taco

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>
>> I don't think this is supposed to happen, but please send me the pdf
>> for a closer look and, if possible, a source to go with it that uses a
>> lua library that is available to me. I am on linux, but lxp should
>> work for me as well. I can even try to run the test under wine.
>
> I've looked at your file, and it is not related to external
> libraries nor the luatex extensions at all: The problem is the
> \immediate\pdfximage.
>
> You can get the exact same problem in pdftex with this input:
>
> \pdfoutput=1
> \immediate\pdfximage  width 0.5\hsize {./cow.pdf}
> \pdfrefximage\pdflastximage
> \input knuth
> \input knuth
> \input knuth
> \input knuth
> \input knuth
> \input knuth
> \input knuth
> \bye
>
> In both cases, the problem can be fixed by adding a \hbox around
> the \pdfrefximage. But now I have a question for Hartmut: is this
> supposed to happen?
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Many thanks for your rapid diagnosis of the real issue --- never would
that have occurred to me. And apologies for pointing this initially in
the wrong direction --- though I am pleased to read that it's nothing to
do with libraries since that is the area I'm especially interested in
and currently exploring in detail.

Best wishes, and much respect!

Graham