[Dev-luatex] Possible issue with input from external libraries (page break problem?)

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Apr 14 09:45:30 CEST 2010

Hi Graham,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> I don't think this is supposed to happen, but please send me the pdf
> for a closer look and, if possible, a source to go with it that uses a
> lua library that is available to me. I am on linux, but lxp should
> work for me as well. I can even try to run the test under wine.

I've looked at your file, and it is not related to external
libraries nor the luatex extensions at all: The problem is the
\immediate\pdfximage.

You can get the exact same problem in pdftex with this input:

\pdfoutput=1
\immediate\pdfximage  width 0.5\hsize {./cow.pdf}
\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage
\input knuth
\input knuth
\input knuth
\input knuth
\input knuth
\input knuth
\input knuth
\bye

In both cases, the problem can be fixed by adding a \hbox around
the \pdfrefximage. But now I have a question for Hartmut: is this
supposed to happen?