[Dev-luatex] Fatal crash with LuaTeX if an encoding file is missing

Graham Douglas graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 01:19:17 CEST 2010

Hi

I have experienced a fatal crash with LuaTeX if an encoding file
is missing:

I am using debug versions (built with --nostrip)

Reproducible in

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.53.0-2010032719
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.0-2010040417

--- both are debug versions compiled from source

All you need to do is rename the encoding file to something
different mentioned in pdftex.map and the crash is reproducible
every time.

[1{c:/msys/1.0/trunk/build/texk/fonts/map/pdftex.map}] )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
!LuaTeX error: cannot find encoding file for reading
  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Please let me know anything else I can do which
will help track this down.

I have GNU's gdb installed and would be happy to do whatever
I can to help.

Also, if this is not the right way to report bugs/issues
do please let me know and I'll follow the correct
procedures.

Best wishes

Graham