[Dev-luatex] Luatex 0.60.0 announcement
taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Apr 4 09:16:28 CEST 2010
I have just uploaded the archives for a new luatex release, 0.60.0.
This release starts a new chain of stable beta's, and will be the
version included in this year's TeXLive.
* os.name now knows about CYGWIN (from Elie Roux)
* Internal handling of direction specifiers is faster now.
* Each glyph node now has three new virtual read-only fields:
width, height, and depth (values in scaled points, of course)
* There are new functions node.protrusion_skipable() and
tex.badness() (useful for paragraph breaking in lua)
* Also new: tex.linebreak(). See the manual for details.
* All lua errors now report file and line numbers to aid in
* Import of metapost 1.211.
* pdf.pdfcatalog will be replaced soon by the new pdf.catalog
pdf.pdfinfo will be replaced soon by the new pdf.info
pdf.pdfnames will be replaced soon by the new pdf.names
pdf.pdftrailer will be replaced soon by the new pdf.trailer
* pdf.pdfmapfile and pdf.pdfmapline are replaced by the new
pdf.mapfile() and pdf.mapline() functions. (a function interface
fits these parameters better because they never return anything).
* New read-write lua variables: pdf.pageattributes, pdf.pageresources,
* getluatexsvnversion.sh now correctly detects git-svn and still
manages to find a valid SVN revision number (from Patrick Gundlach)
* Many of the source files have been converted to CWEB.
* GNU libtool is now used to solve the various technical issues with
dynamic loading of lua modules.
* Error detection in scan_integer_part was wrong due to missing
initialization of OK_so_far (spotted by Javier Mugica)
* Synctex was broken in 0.51-0.52.
* \lastlinefit was broken since ... well, nearly forever.
* Reading of binary files with length zero was broken.
* Trapping of unitialized rules (this was for sloppily created
rule nodes from lua)
* pdf.immediateobj('streamfile') was broken on 64-bit platforms.
* tex.linebreak did not take the given left and right skip, but
instead used the current TeX-side values (bug #356).
* the found 'MAKE' command in build.sh is now fed into configure to fix
problems with that not finding GNU make even when it is actually
* dofile(<nil>) and loadfile(<nil>) in batch mode now give an
error and continue instead of pointlessly waiting for user input.
* Reverted commit #3417 (the buildpage experiment) as it causes bad
things to happen when items are waiting during page breaks.
* Overrule loaders in --safer mode, make require() behave
closer to normal lua 5.1, and add some nicer error messages
(based on an email and patches from Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard)
* Added an extra sanity check for GDEF loading in luafontloader,
based on a crash caused by Linux' AkaashNormal.ttf.
The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.60.0
Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
More information about the dev-luatex