[Dev-luatex] Building a minimal luatex runtime environment: DVI is OK but PDF is failing

Graham Douglas graham.douglas at readytext.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 20:00:59 CEST 2010

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
on Fri Apr 2 18:31:48 CEST 2010

very kindly wrote:

<snip>

==========
I assume that your problem might be due to a missing/incomplete/...
pdftex.map. If you repeat your steps with pdftex, does it work OK? What
does KPATHSEA_DEBUG tell you about loading pdftex.map file? Can it find
one? Does "kpsewhich pdftex.map" gives you any output? Inside the
pdftex.map I have

cmr10 CMR10 <cmr10.pfb

and I think (I am not totally sure) that this is the line which makes my
example work.

Patrick, thank you! Success !! Yes, it was indeed an incomplete
pdftex.map file which was causing the problem.

Much appreciated.

Graham