[Dev-luatex] Bad font scaling

Barry Schwartz chemoelectric at chemoelectric.org
Thu Sep 17 11:33:37 CEST 2009


I wrote:
> FYI when I try to use FontForge to extract the embedded fonts from
> luatex-created documents, including the ConTeXt docs, FF doesn't
> recognize the documents as PDF.

I think it may be accidental that okular et al. display the font
correctly. I ran a ConTeXt-generated pdf through pdftk to make it
recognizable to fontforge, and when I extracted the font it had
2048001 units per em instead of 2048.

(Also, the font extracted from a pdf made by my software was extracted
by fontforge according to its name without the subset prefix, but the
font extracted from ConTeXt output had the subset prefix. I suppose
that's probably a harmless difference due to the vagueness of the PDF
spec.)







More information about the dev-luatex mailing list