[Dev-luatex] Bad font scaling

Barry Schwartz chemoelectric at chemoelectric.org
Thu Sep 17 10:44:28 CEST 2009

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> skribis:
> this bug is not in luatex but in acrobat (in order to catch it luatex
> will have to do some additional manipulations)
>
> btw, this was already in the tracker:
>
> http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=200
>
> (for this purpose it can be handy to have multiple pdf viewers on your
> system as xpdf and okular an d... show the font ok)

As do kpdf, evince, and epdfview.

This is an odd bug, because for instance my own software
(http://code.google.com/p/kompostilo/source/browse/trunk/python/kt/pdf.py)
embeds the font in similar format, but Reader displays my fonts
correctly (as do okular et al.). This probably is why I didn't think
to check with other viewers.

Perhaps it is because my software uses the FontForge Python extension
to convert the font to CID CFF, and FF is doing something magical
during the conversion.