[Dev-luatex] Bad font scaling

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Sep 17 09:49:27 CEST 2009

Barry Schwartz wrote:
> I do not know whether this is a luatex bug or a ConTeXt bug. Mark IV
> seems to be incorrectly scaling and spacing PostScript fonts that have
> unconventional em-unit-size settings, such as my Sorts Mill Goudy
> fonts available here: http://www.theleagueofmoveabletype.com/
>
> I presume that in one or more places the conventional value 1000 is
> hard-coded in, where the setting specified in the font is what should
> be used.

this bug is not in luatex but in acrobat (in order to catch it luatex
will have to do some additional manipulations)

btw, this was already in the tracker:

http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=200

(for this purpose it can be handy to have multiple pdf viewers on your
system as xpdf and okular an d... show the font ok)