[Dev-luatex] build-latest-code-from-source instructions?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Nov 26 01:44:08 CET 2009

On Do, 26 Nov 2009, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> Well, I simply do "cp build/texk/web2c/luatex `which luatex`" and then
> "fmtutil --byfmt luatex" (or better "fmtutil --byengine luatex" for
> texlive 2009) and let the magic work, though this means I'm left with
> unstable luatex and no way for the distribution provided version to
> coexist.

fmtutil-sys might be the better option. But on a single user system
it doesn't make a difference.

And yes, --byengine is by far the best method for that.
(why didn't I implement that 4 years ago when packaging TL2005 for Debian,
it makes everything much easier ;-)

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining at jaist.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining at logic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining at debian.org
ESHER (n.)
One of those push tapes installed in public washrooms enabling the
user to wash their trousers without actually getting into the
basin. The most powerful esher of recent years was 'damped down' by
Red Adair after an incredible sixty-eight days' fight in Manchester's
Piccadilly Station.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff