[Dev-luatex] build-latest-code-from-source instructions?

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Nov 26 01:38:23 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 02:29:47PM -0700, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Khaled Hosny said the following at 11/24/2009 05:17 PM :
> >
> > Doing "export CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash" is usually enough, as it forces
> > using bash (no idea why this isn't the default.)
>
> Yep, that worked. Thank you very much. I spent about half an hour trying to
> figure out how to change the shell before I saw your e-mail.
>
> Now to the next question.
>
> The INSTALL file says:
>
> "Post-compilation installation should be a simple matter
> of copying the executable to a normal place for web2c
> binaries and generating the desired formats."
>
> This might as well say "... should be a simple matter of executing black
> magic that you will know if you already know it" :-)

Well, I simply do "cp build/texk/web2c/luatex `which luatex`" and then
"fmtutil --byfmt luatex" (or better "fmtutil --byengine luatex" for
texlive 2009) and let the magic work, though this means I'm left with
unstable luatex and no way for the distribution provided version to
coexist.

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer