[Dev-luatex] build-latest-code-from-source instructions?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 22:29:47 CET 2009

Khaled Hosny said the following at 11/24/2009 05:17 PM :

> Doing "export CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash" is usually enough, as it forces
> using bash (no idea why this isn't the default.)

Yep, that worked. Thank you very much. I spent about half an hour trying to
figure out how to change the shell before I saw your e-mail.

Now to the next question.

The INSTALL file says:

"Post-compilation installation should be a simple matter
of copying the executable to a normal place for web2c
binaries and generating the desired formats."

This might as well say "... should be a simple matter of executing black
magic that you will know if you already know it" :-)

Would anyone care to elaborate on the instructions so that a mere mortal
can accomplish this? [I vaguely recall something about generating a format
file somewhere around 1984. Ampersands played a part, I think. I'm rambling.]

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious that I should already know.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR