[Dev-luatex] Cron <luatex at vz3> /var/www/luatex.org/www/bin/luatex-svn

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Nov 25 13:28:18 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:20:14AM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:35:28AM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> >>Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >>See the last comment on http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=286
> >
> >From the ticket:
> >"The result is now still too wide, but that is truly cambria's fault: the
> >integrals have large italic corrections while in fact they fit in their
> >bounding boxes."
> >
> >This isn't Cambria's fault per se, as any font that is to be used with
> >MS Office as well is going Cambria's route (so does Asana Math and my
> >two math fonts.) So, IMHO this should be the default behaviour for
> >new math fonts, and
> >old TeX fonts pretending to be new math fonts should compensate for
> >this, not the other way around.
>
> well, as long as there is no standard saying "for integral glyphs
> (of any size) you need to subtract the italic correction from the
> width" we cannot say that this is "expected behaviour"

Literally speaking, there is no standard at all, just an unofficial spec
document, so things are a bit stretched, and again office implantation is
the de facto standard here until there is an official published standard
that one can point to (even then, people are likely to follow what MS
implantation does and we will need to adapt to it.)

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny