[Dev-luatex] Cron <luatex at vz3> /var/www/luatex.org/www/bin/luatex-svn

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Nov 25 12:48:07 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:11:53AM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:35:28AM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> >>Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >>See the last comment on http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=286
> >
> >From the ticket:
> >"The result is now still too wide, but that is truly cambria's fault: the
> >integrals have large italic corrections while in fact they fit in their
> >bounding boxes."
> >
> >This isn't Cambria's fault per se, as any font that is to be used with
> >MS Office as well is going Cambria's route (so does Asana Math and my
> >two math fonts.)
>
> >So, IMHO this should be the default behaviour for new math fonts, and
> >old TeX fonts pretending to be new math fonts should compensate for
> >this, not the other way around.
>
> I am not quite convinced yet. The MATH spec seems to disagree with both
> the font metrics and the actual behavior of Word. What would happen
> is Word 2010 (say) fixes that?

Until office2010 is released, office2007 is the standard implementation
(well, windows 7 does math typesetting system wide, and the bundled
Cambria exhibits the same behaviour, so I doubt there will be a change
anytime soon.) I'll try to talk to Murray Sargent of MS, may be we can
get more clarifications.

Regards,
 Khaled

--