[Dev-luatex] Cron <luatex at vz3> /var/www/luatex.org/www/bin/luatex-svn

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Nov 25 10:14:07 CET 2009

Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:28:31PM +0100, Cron Daemon wrote:
>> r3189 | taco | 2009-11-23 16:37:01 +0100 (Mon, 23 Nov 2009) | 2 lines
>> Changed paths:
>>    M /trunk/source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/tex/mlist.c
>>
>> fix large operator super/subscript relative displacement for OT MATH fonts

>> r3190 | taco | 2009-11-23 16:53:47 +0100 (Mon, 23 Nov 2009) | 3 lines
>> Changed paths:
>>    M /trunk/source/texk/web2c/luatexdir/tex/mlist.c
>>
>> fix a lack of negating the automatic italic correction addition in the creation of var_delimiter
>> for large operators.
>
> Though large operator super/subscript are better now, I think it is
> still broken. Compare the attached office2007 and luatex generated PDFs.

if you look in the font you will notice that the cambria integral signs
have a wrong boundingbox (too much white at the right); as it happens,
compensating with the italic correction sort of solves this so we guess
that word is doing something like that

however, subtractive the italic correction from the width of a glyph
makes no sense (it can be compensated at th emacro package end for this
particular set of glyph, which is what we do in context now)

so, the problem is noticed and once there are more official open type
math fonts out there, we can have a further look at it and see what the
policies have become