[Dev-luatex] os.spawn and argv[1] with sapces

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Nov 24 09:34:24 CET 2009

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> On 23 November 2009 Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>  > Let's put it this way: windows command line processing does not
>  > agree with my neurons, so I have stayed way from it as much as
>  > possible (and will continue to do so).
>  >
>  > A good, clean patch would be welcome of course, [...]
>
> Hi Taco,
> if you change anything though, please inform the TeX Live team in
> advance.  We probably have to adapt our scripts then.  The scripts
> already provide a function:

don't worry changes in these mechanism will never show up in stable
versions unannounced as it will likely influence many; of course, as
long as luatex functionality is not declared frozen we take the freedom
to change things, but in this case the fact that texlua is used for
scripts in tex distributions asks for extra care

as far as i can see the main problem is *not* in the interface, it's
just that the underlying windows function cannot deal with spaces in the
program location specification and that (at some point) probably be
solved in a compatible way